Cloud Managed WiFi is the Future
802.11ac (Wave 1 / Wave 2)
Upgrade your WiFi performance
Every Mojo access point is built using the latest 802.11ac standard, with options to leverage Wave 1 and Wave 2 chipsets depending on your needs. 802.11ac is built upon the 5GHz spectrum and boosts performance through a combination of wider channels, more spatial streams and improved modulation techniques.
- All Wave 1 access points support full feature functionality using standard PoE (802.3af) so costly network upgrades can be avoided
- 802.11ac Wave 2 access points support up to 160 MHz bonded channels for unprecedented speed and throughput
- 802.11ac introduces multi-user MIMO to greatly enhance capacity and alleviate excess strain from oversaturated networks
Intelligent Access Points
Reliable WiFi connectivity
Mojo access points are intelligent and self-reliant, meaning they store all network and security policies locally and process client requests, monitor wireless connections and store network statistics at the edge. They deliver reliable, high performing networks that are feature rich without the need for a controller.
- Mojo access points are 100% operational even when the cloud connection is interrupted so your networks never suffer due to WAN outages
- Local storage of configurations and security policies allow Mojo access points to respond much faster to improve network performance and neutralize wireless threats
- See your network costs drop over 50% when controllers and their resource requirements are completely removed
WiFi air security and performance
RF optimization is the key to a successful WiFi network; wireless scans and data processing combine to dynamically adjust WiFi operations to ensure the network and everyone on it are performing optimally.
- Radio management techniques like Band Steering help the access point decide which radio is best based on usage and capacity
- Channel management techniques like Automatic and Dynamic Channel Selection empower the access point decide which channel is best based on continuous background scanning and spectrum analysis
- Client management techniques like Smart Steering overtake the sometimes clunky decision-making process of clients so they stay connected to the optimal access point
RF optimization strategies and parameters are configured within Mojo Wireless Manager while Mojo Access Points execute them whenever interference conditions arise.
Self-healing WiFi networks
Wireless mesh networks, unlike standard WiFi networks, do not require a 1-to-1 ratio of Ethernet drops to access points; instead access points use one of their radios to connect to each other, creating a wireless backhaul that ultimately leads to an access point with a wired connection. This offers an easy way to extend network coverage when wiring is difficult to lay or completely nonexistent. Every Mojo access point supports mesh no matter what combination of models you use.
- Any access point within a mesh network can be labeled as a mesh root with a single click from the cloud for quick expansion
- Access points automatically determine the best path to a mesh root for optimal performance
- Mesh networks self-heal and dynamically alter their backhaul route whenever an access point is unreachable or interference conditions pop up.
High fidelity WiFi security
Marker Packets are a key component to the patented techniques we use for wireless intrusion detection. Their presence leads to an accurate determination as to whether or not a nearby SSID is actually tethered to your corporate network. This ultimately provides the solid foundation needed for real-time threat prevention due to the high degree of accuracy inherent to this technique.
- Mojo access points send out regular bursts of broadcast ARP packets across each layer-2 network they monitor
- Other access points on that same network will inherently relay those packets into the air, confirming their presence on the network through this behavior
- This proprietary technique minimizes false positives and encourages the use of automatic prevention to keep networks safe
Universal WiFi access
Hotspot 2.0, also known as WiFi Certified Passpoint, is the latest standard used by carriers around the world to allow wireless clients to seamlessly roam between public hotspots when they are in range. This is a pivotal piece to the larger strategy of providing reliable, high-speed access to data no matter where you are.
- Automatic and secure handoffs allows individual hotspots to act as a single contiguous WiFi network for users to enjoy
- The Mojo Cloud Managed Platform lets you create a single policy for hundreds of thousands of access points to use simultaneously
- New access points install quickly and connect to the cloud, bringing down key configurations automatically and without excessive support requirements
WiFi Analytics is a general term that applies to the massive amounts of data collected via passive scans, active scans and user connections in and around your WiFi networks. It analyzes and conceptualizes this data to provide insight into traffic patterns, behavior and demographics of your WiFi users.
- Conceptualize data in easy-to-understand buckets like Dwell Time, Foot Traffic, Conversion, Repeat Visits and more
- Break down data into useful demographic groups like gender, age and location
- Quickly view analytics at all levels, from the very top level to the most granular view, across time segments and location groups
Mojo Guest Manager is the central repository for the collection, analysis and visualization of all WiFi analytics. Through it and Mojo API you can automatically send incoming analytics data to third party databases or marketing systems in real-time for further analysis.
Communicate with mobile users over WiFi
Mobile engagement refers to the many techniques you can use to communicate with your guests once they've connected to your WiFi network. This allows you to extend your engagement strategies past the splash page and provide an even richer online experience for your guests that informs them with relevant details precisely when they want it most.
- Send real-time alerts to your third party systems when your guests arrive and when they connect to your network
- Set up messages that trigger based on user interaction or length of time
- Leverage MMS, SMS and in-browser messaging to communicate in a variety of ways
Authorize mobile users
Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) is a challenge for all organizations that requires proper planning and strong technical controls. These controls exist throughout the entire security stack, and Mojo leverages its industry-leading WIPS to help at the front line by enforcing limited access of personal devices to specially defined networks.
- Devices are monitored and automatically stopped from connecting to the networks they are not authorized to use
- Device fingerprinting provides a deep understanding of the makeup of each device on your network, helping to uncover policy infractions quickly
- Prevent any smart device from connecting to your network even if it has the correct password unless it is properly flagged
Mojo access points make installations simple and streamlined due to their innate ability to automatically find the cloud and their proper configuration without any intermediary steps.
- Mojo access points are automatically provisioned upon purchase so you don’t have to
- Access points find the cloud redirector automatically, which points them directly to your cloud account anywhere in the world
- Configuration takes less than two minutes and begins immediately after the device connects to the network
Zero-touch deployments make rapid, easy deployments of Mojo Access Points possible by leveraging Mojo Wireless Manager for policy and template distribution.